Current time: 08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Flash profile?
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Flash profile?
Sounds weird but let me explain.
I have Adobe Flash CS3 in which I've been using for several years now and can use Action Script 2.0 in a very productive way.
This is a hit or miss idea, but I was thinking we could have a Flash (which is where ever on here) that people can view who the main posters are etc. What you're characters look like, your name (not real name), and just other random info, and then maybe a comment from you.

I'd be making it but would need quite a bit of input from other people to manage it.

Good idea or not?

Clone

[Image: Hydraclone.png]
12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
RE: Flash profile?
I'm not sure that would be a good idea. It could get too complicated.

[Image: Watermarksmall.png]
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Not really. It'd be incredibly simple. =/

Clone

12-31-2010, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 03:43 PM by ac3xx.)
It would get complicated as not everyone would have pics of their characters and well... it would be complicated :L we could have some sort of flash splash page though...
12-31-2010, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 03:32 PM by Dion.)
I dont get this properly, but as long as its and optional, and not a replacement to profiles i dont mind

[Image: mm8tw8.png]
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
No, no, no, no. It wont be replacing profiles. That'd be silly.
It's completely optional.
It's like a virtual room which will have characters sitting around in it. The characters will be those of whom opt in. When a person hovers the mouse over the character it will say the name of the person. You can then click on the character and it will bring up a profile for that user.
It's just a quicker easier and more friendly way for new users to find out who the main posters are and who holds what position etc.

As for character pictures, well, I'd only need a very simple sketch with block colors, as I'd be redrawing them to put in the Flash so everything follows the same style (and since characters will be lodging around in different rooms or whatever, poses can be chosen etc.)

Don't get me wrong, it's just an idea I'd like to pursue. I just wanted a bit of feedback.

The only person it's complicated for is me, even then, there's little complication.

Clone

12-31-2010, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 03:32 PM by Dion.)
mmm, it would be cool, and you would get help in the dev forum, im not sure if clarkie or ac3 will put it in the site, but if we had a helping hand in developement it might help. You can put this is the dev forum for now. Even if it doesnt become a major part of the site, im sure it could be incorperated somewhere.
Also try not to Colour all your post, colour is for emphasis, not for everything.

[Image: mm8tw8.png]
12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Well if you can make a flash program that works a bit like the Wii system, where users select their appearance features and appear in a lobby, then let me know. Big Grin
12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
I would put it on the site, it sounds cool.

[Image: 2d1le9c.png]
If you want to thank me, click here
12-31-2010, 09:17 PM
I use green on every forum I go on. =[ Makes my post more unique.

I'd need server side knowledge and programming skills for that. Though that's not what I was on about. :sweat:
I don't have server programming skills with Flash. I could probably get it to work, but it'd take me a while to learn it.

Don't worry about it. I'm gonna scrap the idea. I doubt it would've picked up anyhow.

Clone