Current time: 06-23-2018, 10:44 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

The Future of Extenditude
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2010 10:12 AM by ac3xx.)
The Future of Extenditude
Hey everyone,

The title may suggest this is bad but it is not. Currently Extenditude is getting less traffic and less people. I presume this is because Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is getting old and nobody needs it hacked anymore. However, we don't want Extenditude to die or become a site that only functions well when a new Monster Hunter game is released on the PSP platform.

What I think we need to do is rethink what this site is for. We need something unique. We could become a website with the latest game and console news like every other site but then the bigger sites would be taking all the members. Originally we planned to create website software, but that idea has never really taken off because nobody has been able to start it for whatever reason.

Now I think it's your turn to help, where would you like to see Extenditude go and what should we be doing in the future. It could be anything from making a game to being a film website but remember to try and think of a unique point in your idea that will make us stand out from other websites.

Here are some suggestions I have. This site was originally started as Clarkie's Cave which was Monster Hunter hacking. Extenditude was made for a wider range of things but we've stayed with Monster Hunter hacking as our main aim. I think we should have more Monster Hunter features. One thing I thought we could add is a render gallery for Monster Hunter armour, weapons, monsters and more. This is something I've never seen before and would be a unique feature. It would take a lot of effort though as we'd need lots of people to help crop out the renders.

Another idea I had was some sort of league. We could have a solo league and a team league and solo people would go into their mission with a judge and you'd get points based on the time taken. Team's would either be a max of 3 people with a judge in the mission or 4 people would have to be done with a judge waiting for them to return or something.

We could sort of copy the Monster Hunter Wiki but that wouldn't be unique. Anyway enough of my ideas, let's hear yours!

Thanks,
Clarkie
Founder of Clarkie's Cave which merged with Extenditude.
08-26-2010, 04:39 AM
RE: The Future of Extenditude
hmm..... the contst thing may not work as some people may not have a ps3. i like your armor idea, but lets add a twist to it. the one who can come up with the best custom set of armor and abilities wins. lets not atop there! there shoud be one where whomever can make a custom armor that "matches" wins. what is won you ask? well how about free hacking of whatever they want. example: changing comrade name is for donaters, to the winner ant the end of each month can get this for free! this is just the tip of the ice burg but, i may try to post more if able.
08-26-2010, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 09:10 AM by Clarkie.)
Could use xLink Kai as well though.

[Image: 2d1le9c.png]
If you want to thank me, click here
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
maybe some sort of hack school, experienced members teaching new members how to hack, or daily/weekly/monthly competitions for various things, best whatever, fastest whatever, quickest/most/longest whatever bla bla bla, with small rewards like special member names or free hacks, or maybe focus on a wider range of games, keep hacking MH but maybe focus on lots of others, or maybe members could start uploading vids and linking to them, you know like how to vids or look how good my *whatever* is vids, or maybe some sort of events that make users meet here at certain times to do whatever.

maybe thats all nonsense, im just throwing some ideas at ya, ill keep thinking...

[Image: sig1nh.jpg]
My sig is awesome and you know it. lol
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Sounding good let's keep the ideas coming!
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
The timed quests sounds interesting, then again so does the custom armor/weapon does sound good. But based on what will guys decide if its the best match? Anyways maybe Hunting videos, from the most funny, lucky breaks, or epic ones. Like once I was hunting with a friend and I put up the shock trap for the Tigrex he kicked the damn beast and killed it xD. I was going to capture it, but oh well we got a few good laughs. Another such occasion that can be mentioned was with my cousins, The youngest one was using the heavy Bowgun when a rathalos started charging his way, his bro was with a greatsword and stepped in front and with a lucky swing hit the rathalos head before he hit them both. Ended up killing the thing then and there when we had already died twice. So that one was lucky break. As for Epic, I have nothing.
08-27-2010, 11:02 PM
It would be based on user votes - ie. a poll.

08-28-2010, 12:21 AM
or hacking some newer mh like games mgspw phantasy star blah blah

[Image: mm8tw8.png]
08-28-2010, 02:00 AM
Also, I'm currently looking into making Mybb plugins and themes, and having a link back to Extenditude.

08-28-2010, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2010 02:10 AM by voteman.)
@ ax you can saay POLL when we have more than 5-6 ppl online...excluding the staff

[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?