Current time: 07-16-2018, 11:22 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Translation Site
08-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Translation Site
How much more complex would it be to add a translate option for the site? So maybe we can expand to more users world wide?

(OPTIONS)
*Just a switch/button that translates the whole web-page like Google does.
*Have an ADVANCED feature where whatever {region} your in it detects the language to primary for that user.
*Have a GHOST version of all the same sections/threads in a chosen language for those users specifically? Maybe just Spanish?
*OR ULTRA COMPLEX NOT POSSIBLE LOL: have it where say i post in a thread it shows English of course, but say a user from Brazil reads the post, and it is automatically in his preferred tongue? So we can cross communicate in the SAME threads, without struggle.

Just bored and thinkingSmile

[Image: fyfyc6.png]
Rate Me!
08-13-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: Translation Site
well first off... google translate... not the best
idk what ghost means but that would be cool

i dont really know how that stuff works but it does sound like it would be sorta complicated...
and if someone says like "yo wat up dawg"...how will that translate exactly?

。◕‿ ◕。

Here's a cat
.. /l、.........
゙(゚、 。 7........
..l、゙ ~ヽ.......
..じしf_, )ノ ...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• NOMNOMS
08-13-2013, 05:09 AM
"yo wat up dawg" = Hello, may i ask what's going on with you?

Google translate has a SITE translator, not their word translator.

GHOST meaning like a doppelganger of the forum.

And yes complicated.

Rate Me!
08-13-2013, 11:57 PM
The only tool powerful enough to do it would be Google translate probably. Is it worth it with the strange literal translations it provides?
08-14-2013, 12:47 AM
actually i`ve tested Bing translate since i last did some translations for my degree diploma so i can say that it translates better than Google.

i`m thinking the reason is that google has that option to correct the translation. by adding your correct translation it only messes the proper grammar sintaxes.

Bing has less entries thus i got more porper sentences.

[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?
08-14-2013, 03:04 AM
oh didn't know they had a site translator

and it really would change yo what up dawg into that?

also is bing better than google?

。◕‿ ◕。

Here's a cat
.. /l、.........
゙(゚、 。 7........
..l、゙ ~ヽ.......
..じしf_, )ノ ...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• NOMNOMS
08-14-2013, 05:51 AM
If bing has a better service that would for sure be better to use! But this is all just an idea to maybe improve some things? And expand our viewers.

Rate Me!
08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
(08-14-2013 05:51 AM)DigitalTRIM Wrote:  If bing has a better service that would for sure be better to use! But this is all just an idea to maybe improve some things? And expand our viewers.

i`m not saying they have better service Smile) i`m saying that bing is younger and gets less user input. google translate is clogged with user suggested translations(which can be submitted wrong on purpose), and when you get to translate it messes all the grammar up and syntax and everything.
when it commes to a single word translation however the idiots who made bing forgot to remove the possibility to submit suggestions for single words. or adding a swear filter. for the most common words.

[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?
08-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Thats makes sense: and yea i always wondered why google was so off? Didn't know it was user input... Speaking of OFF translation; talk about youtubes caption translator:O lmao that thin is horrible!

Rate Me!
08-15-2013, 12:06 AM
oh i see and i have never seen youtube translator...is it really that bad haha

。◕‿ ◕。

Here's a cat
.. /l、.........
゙(゚、 。 7........
..l、゙ ~ヽ.......
..じしf_, )ノ ...

*´¨)