Current time: 01-23-2018, 03:20 AM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is There Any Big And Reliable Hard Drive Out There?
05-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Is There Any Big And Reliable Hard Drive Out There?
When it comes to hard drives I am very cautious. These days hard drives tend to fail so early. I remember a few years ago when hard drives available were only 20 - 80 GB, but now seems like it's pretty normal to get 1tb drives. But the problem is that these new big hard drives tend to fail so early. Posted ImageSad

Can you tell me about a good big hard drive. One that doesn't fail within 3 or 4 months. I'm frustrated with this whole matter. I had 1tb, but it died on me a month ago, so right now I'm using a 80GB hard drive.

Which one you suggest?
05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Is There Any Big And Reliable Hard Drive Out There?
Seagate is a good brand to go for, about £40-50 for a 1tb hard drive (it's been a long time since I've checked, so I'm not too sure). I'm currently using a 1tb hard drive (was a external hard drive) for my computer.

[Image: Watermarksmall.png]
05-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I've had a Seagate one fail on me, I've had a Samsung one fail on me. It seems they're not reliable when they get bigger - if you want reliable then you have to look at flash memory.
05-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Just don't drop them Big Grin
05-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I bought a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 around a year ago and it hasn't packed in on me yet. With hard drives, EVERY brand is going to pack in eventually as they're disk components, smaller ones will take longer as they're smaller and have less read/write operations. As Clarkie said, if you want reliability look into SSDs, 15k SAS drives or some Enterprise SATA HDDs (business use so more reliable).

[Image: 2d1le9c.png]
If you want to thank me, click here
05-27-2012, 10:48 PM
(05-25-2012 06:29 PM)Apple Wrote:  Just don't drop them Big Grin

That certainly helps! Big Grin