Current time: 12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablets
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM,
RE: Tablets
I don't think it'd be worth it for me tbh.
05-20-2012, 03:21 AM,
I am currently running a chinese tablet named Ainol,the price was about $150. It is one of those rare tablets that are essentially,good specifications wise. IPS screen, ICS os, 7 inch screen and HDMI. Cheap but reliable tablet if I may.Never did I experience any lags.

PS.
For those who are experiencing lag on their devices running on android,A good tip I can share is switch to a good custom rom, If CM supports you device then you would not go wrong on switching to a CM rom.
05-20-2012, 11:19 AM,
Warning about the above: you will void your warranty if you install a custom rom.
05-20-2012, 01:35 PM,
I've got an iPad2 16GB.
[Image: 2d1le9c.png]
If you want to thank me, click here
05-20-2012, 09:38 PM,
I have a NookColor and I run CM7 off a SD card. I went that route because I didn't really know how much I'd use a tablet and there was no need to spend a lot of money on an experiment. If I didn't like it, I could give the Nook to my mother.

I like it a lot, so I bought her one and I need to set up everything on her SD card. I should stop putting that off.
05-20-2012, 09:59 PM,
Is CM9 not available yet? Definitely worth the upgrade if it is, well it's great on my HP Touchpad!
05-20-2012, 10:39 PM,
I think it is available, but I bought my SD card pre-installed. So, I haven't decided to upgrade. I know, it's supposed to be easy to make my own, but it seems like the easier that people claim something is, the harder it gets for me.

I do have the intention of one day forcing myself to sit down and learn how to do it, but I haven't thus far. Maybe, I'll make that a goal for the summer.
05-20-2012, 11:24 PM,
(05-20-2012, 11:19 AM)Clarkie Wrote: Warning about the above: you will void your warranty if you install a custom rom.

(05-20-2012, 09:59 PM)Clarkie Wrote: Is CM9 not available yet? Definitely worth the upgrade if it is, well it's great on my HP Touchpad!

Yes it will initially void warranty but if you create a nandroid back up of the stock rom and have it reverted back before taking it in it just works fine with the warranty people.

Yup checked XDA earlier before posting cm9 is already available and I actually found a very interesting a article that says you can triple boot,stock cm7 and cm9.
Here is the link if anyone is interested
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/tr...7-and-cm9/
07-13-2012, 06:12 AM,
I have had an iPad & a Galaxy Playbook.
To be honest though, i dont really like tablets.
I bought the iPad to see what they were like.
I got the Playbook at a gift for my birthday.
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012, 01:20 PM by voteman.)
(05-20-2012, 11:24 PM)jadenmabon Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 11:19 AM)Clarkie Wrote: Warning about the above: you will void your warranty if you install a custom rom.

(05-20-2012, 09:59 PM)Clarkie Wrote: Is CM9 not available yet? Definitely worth the upgrade if it is, well it's great on my HP Touchpad!

Yes it will initially void warranty but if you create a nandroid back up of the stock rom and have it reverted back before taking it in it just works fine with the warranty people.

Yup checked XDA earlier before posting cm9 is already available and I actually found a very interesting a article that says you can triple boot,stock cm7 and cm9.
Here is the link if anyone is interested
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/tr...7-and-cm9/

tried CM on my LG P990 and bricked it. i couldn`t even enter the recovery menu. I was lucky i had a friend who works in Google in my country. He provided me a pack to recover it. since that day i never installed any other custom roms. just rooted the phone

i`m thinking of buying a ASUS eepad transformer prime tf201 and i`m taking in consideration some from Acer as well. but that will be when i`m getting some money xD
[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?