Current time: 05-20-2022, 09:23 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-10-2011, 06:00 AM,
Do you consider important the use of avatar for the communities that you visit or own?

How do you feel about users that do not have an avatar of their own? Do you take it as something negative (for example that the user is not interested enough to be bothered setting one)

How do you feel of people posting their own photographs as their avatars?

Is it annoying for you when people change avatars often?

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to have a thread to discuss our impressions about avatars and their use. So, here we go.
08-10-2011, 07:58 AM,
RE: Avatars
My answers.
1) I think avatars help people learn a little about you. Like the things you like, a little about you personality and some other stuff.

2) I just tink they're abit on the boring side.

3) If that what they want to do, I wont stop them.

4) I don't find it annoying.
[Image: Watermarksmall.png]
05-17-2012, 03:17 AM,
I don't think they're really important to be honest. I think signatures are more important. I usually add an avatar when I'm sure I'll be staying with the site, usually after like 100 posts. If I add an avatar to your site that's a very good sign. Smile
[Image: 1mario2.png]
05-17-2012, 08:42 AM,
If I notice my avatar space is a bit too empty I'll upload one, otherwise I couldn't care less.
05-19-2012, 12:41 AM,
Well it is one way to identify,sometimes I get to recognize co-forumers by their avatars.
I do not see that they give away any information from you aside from you likes or if you actually post your picture.

Thing is with avatars,different forums have different ways of doing avatars,some will let you upload then crop the pic for you,another is you have to look for a size for the avatar to conforme.I prefer the first one thou.
[Image: sigpic10914_1.gif]
05-19-2012, 05:07 AM,
Do you consider important the use of avatar for the communities that you visit or own?

Definitely. I can relate to them easier if I remember a picture. Wink

How do you feel about users that do not have an avatar of their own? Do you take it as something negative (for example that the user is not interested enough to be bothered setting one)

I don't think that's something negative. Some people just forget or don't like it.

How do you feel of people posting their own photographs as their avatars?

I don't like to post my own photo. You never know what people could do with it. The internet is full of maniacs. Big Grin

Is it annoying for you when people change avatars often?

Sometimes, because I remember the pictures but rarely their username. Big Grin
05-21-2012, 01:05 AM,
Do you consider important the use of avatar for the communities that you visit or own? It can be important, especially when someone has an avatar that they actually thought about before picking.

How do you feel about users that do not have an avatar of their own? I think it means they maybe just didn't have an interest in putting together their profile. Having an avatar kind of means you're putting yourself out there and willing to open up to others with your picture or a picture of something you like.

How do you feel of people posting their own photographs as their avatars? Hello! That's me over there, lol. I don't mind posting my own photo. I usually post a picture of Goku or Appa from Avatar... but thought I'd post my own this time.

Is it annoying for you when people change avatars often? Not at all. I think it gives me more of a picture of who they are.